Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Did you know?

This painting is called The Holy Trinity with the Virgin, St John and Two Donors, it was painted by Masaccio in 1427. Did you know that?

Well neither did I.

It definitely would have helped if I had known this like an hour ago when I was taking my Italian Renaissance final.

One of the questions on the test was to identify this painting and the artist who painted it and then use it to explain the principles of Renaissance art. I killed the principles of Renaissance art part, but the identification part is a different story. Here is my response:

"Honestly I have no idea who painted this or what it is called. But it is a picture of Christ being crucified and was most likely painted by a revered Renaissance artist such as Maccachio or Titan."

Now in my defense I did get the artist right, I just spelled it so incorrectly that my teacher might not realize this.

What a great way to start finals week. But on the bright side I will be completely done with finals by 10 o'clock tomorrow morning!

On to physical science! ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment