Sunday, December 12, 2010

I love these pictures...

Today I got released as the Publicity Chair at church, which means that I made my last program! This is the picture I put on the front.

I almost put this picture on it though...
I love both of these pictures. They just make my heart melt; seeing the way that Mary cradles and loves the baby Jesus. One of my Young Women's leaders gave me the second picture in a frame for Christmas one year and I have loved it ever since. My mom hijacked it so I don't really have it anymore, but I get to see it on the book shelf in the living room every Christmas.

Of all the pictures and visual representations of the nativity, these are my favorite. The baby looks so innocent and precious, and Mary hold him so tenderly. You really get the idea that the baby is important. And he is. His birth was the most important things that has ever happened. Because of Christ we can be resurrected.

At Christmas time I always think a lot about my Grandma Reher and my Grandpa Stuart and all the wonderful memories I have with them. I know that because of Christ's sacrifice that I'll get to be with them again. Knowing that the baby Mary is holding will change the world just puts a whole new perspective on Christmas, and that is why I love these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment