Saturday, December 11, 2010

Its been a while...

Finals start Monday.

Finals of the first semester of my senior year. It's pretty weird that I'm almost done, but really I'm so ready to be done with school. I'm especially ready for this semester to be over, I have had the worst classes ever. But on the plus side I finished my capstone research paper and most likely won't have to write another paper ever again!

Since finals are approaching its clearly time for continued procrastination.

I was blog stalking this morning and decided to look at my blog. This sudden impulse was followed by a wasted morning as I worked on my blog. First, I changed the name; "Katie's Boring Life" is just so boring and lame, I needed something clever and witty.

OK, short story. Earlier this summer Jess struggled for weeks to come up with a cool name for her Summer 2010 album on Facebook. Eventually she decided to call it "The sun is shining the skies are blue...it's SUMMER TIME!" High on her naming success I told her she should come up with a new name for my blog cause my old one sucked. Within 15 minutes Jess came running out telling me I should name my blog "Classy Information for Classy Citizens" because of my tendency to spout out random information that has nothing to do with anything. Hence the name of my blog.

Since its been so long and I feel like I'm starting a new stage in my blog I'm just gonna post a few pictures from the last little bit, well more like the past 2 years. Except I don't remember everything from the last 2 years so we'll go w
ith just since summer.

My family went on a road trip to Montana to visit Grandpa Reher and to camp in Yellowstone. Please notice our faces, apparently half of our family has some issues...

My dad got this hat somewhere on the trip and decided that it was "cool" and proceeded to try and wear it the rest of the trip.
We camped.
We had a gin tournament. Kelsie was losing.
We went to Old Faithful and a bunch of other cool places in Yellowstone.
We went to South Dakota and saw the Crazy Horse Monument and Mount Rushmore. Aunt Sue and Uncle Len were there too! I really wanted to go to De Smet and see Laura Ingalls Wilder's house but it was too far out of the way...
I freaking loved Mount Rushmore! Probably my favorite part of the trip. I guess that's the History major/nerd coming out in me.

So this was in July, and then when Kelsie and I went home for Thanksgiving we went to Disneyland. Now it may seem like "oh boy, those Stuart's sure go on a lot of trips!" but really its just since I see them so little now that I pretty much live in Utah year round that when I see them its a BIG EVENT.

This year Disneyland did a "Give-a-Day-Get-a-Day" promotion. If you provided a day of service you got a free Disneyland ticket. My family did this and over Thanksgiving we used out tickets. We were also celebrating my birthday. Yes, my birthday was in October, but I don't really care. Plus I got a cool Happy Birthday button to wear all day and everyone had to tell me Happy Birthday.

Disneyland was all lit up for Christmas. It was our first time being there at Christmas, and it was pretty awesome.
We took a pretty sweet family picture. Notice that Brendan is now taller than me. Also I got bangs, they are much better than my 8th grade bangs, I promise.
If I was a Jedi I would want a purple light saber. See Disneyland really is the happiest place on earth!
Little known fact: Brendan is a churro fiend. Towards the end of the night, all Brendan wanted was a churro, but all of the churro stands were out. He was disappointed, devestated, desperate, in denial, delirious. Luckily he found one stand that still had churros. He was much more pleasant after his churro.
So that's a little of what I've been up to, well at least the big things. Now I really have to go study, ugh I HATE studying! Also I have to make cookies cause its Christmas and that's just what you do, plus its fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment