Thursday, April 14, 2011

Don't let us fool you, we really are still 5 years old

Tonight I hung out with Kelsie. And it was a darn fun evening. The only thing that would have made it better was if Karlie was there and if we'd had room in our stomachs for ice cream.

I picked Kelsie up and put gas in my car (which was not fun because gas costs approximately a bazillion dollars a gallon right now). Then we went to Rubio's for dinner. Kelsie made fun of me because my mouth was burning and according to her nothing I ate was spicy. My tongue disagreed.

The best part of the night was the 2 hours we spent at Target, most of which was spent on the Barbie aisle. Why are Barbie's so darn fun? Kelsie and I slowly worked our way down the aisle oooing and ahhing over all the different Barbie's and how we would have loved each one when we were little. And how much we couldn't wait to have little girls so we could play Barbie's with them.

Before we made our way to the Barbie aisle we were on the baby doll aisle. There was an older lady looking at stuff on the aisle and at one point Kelsie picked up a baby doll bath tub set and asked me if I remembered our baby doll bath. I responded "yes, I remember it. But I never got to play with it because it was yours and you're stingy." And then the lady turned around and asked, "sisters?" and we responded, "yep".

Back to the important stuff though. Barbie's. Or in this case Ken.
So, we found this Ken. It's called Sweet Talkin' Ken. It is amazing.
Basically Sweet Talkin' Ken has a button on his chest that when you hold it down and say something, then let go, Ken repeats it back in his voice. Just imagine for me, Kelsie's voice and KEN'S VOICE.
I love Barbie. I LOVE BARBIE.

I'm made of plastic. I'M MADE OF PLASTIC.

And countless other silly things. We played with it for at least 5 minutes amid gales of laughter. I'm sure the people at Target thought we were losers. Laughing over this talking Ken doll.

The other Barbie that we spent some time with was the Barbie: A Fairy Secret movie doll.
Barbie starts wearing the evening gown on the left. Then she somehow transforms into the party dress on the right. And then, somehow, she sprouts wings and becomes a fairy.
Which is totally awesome. The only problem is that Kelsie and I could not figure out how it happens. The steps in the pictures do not follow each other logically. I mean I guess it makes sense form step 1 to step 2, but how do the wings factor in? Where do the wings come from!?!?

UPDATE: This link explains who the doll works. They should really explain it better on the box. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI2yswxcZCw

Also on a side note, I saw that season 3 of Chuck was on sale for $19.99. I paid $48 for it less 6 months ago! How unfair is that?!

1 comment:

  1. i still cannot figure that barbie out.... i just stared at it for like 5 minutes and i still got nothing...

    ReplyDelete