Sunday, April 10, 2011

I'm almost a grown up

So, I'm graduating in 11 days.

Crazy, right?

That means I am almost grown up.

My government teacher in high school always called us "almost adults," and then when we were graduating he told us that we as we left high school we would really be adults.

I've decided that either he was wrong, or I was behind the times because I still don't feel like a grownup as I'm getting ready to graduate from college. I feel like I should still be playing with my Barbie's and taking my lunch to school in a purple plastic, Aladdin and Jasmin lunch box.

I definitely hope that what I was like as a 17 year old, high school graduate doesn't reflect true adulthood because if it does, we are all in so much trouble.

I've grown up a lot since I graduated high school. I think if I hadn't been there for the process, I would be convinced I was not really the same person.

These are some grown up things I have done in the past few days:
  1. Applied for a job. A REAL job. That I'm really excited about.
  2. did my homework the night before it was due right when I got home from work, instead of my normal routine of starting it in class the day its due
  3. Finished my microfilm project almost a week before it's final due date
  4. Went to 2 bridal showers
  5. Got a phone call from the BYU Annual Fund asking me to give back to the school. Really? I thought they only asked people who have finished college and have real jobs! Which, I guess is just about to be me... But still, only adults get phone calls asking for them to give donations!
Now, in direct contradiction to the grown up things I did, I'm only going to write about childish things I've done recently for the rest of the post.

I've watched 14 episodes of Lost in the past two days. I just finished episode 14 of season 3. And believe me, I was shocked about some of the stuff that happened. But, the thing that shocked me most was finding out who Claire's dad is. Blew my mind.

My other favorite part in the Lost episodes I've watched was when Sawyer started talking about Little House on the Prairie. Made my day.

I finally got the books for my final research paper from the library 4 days before the paper is due.

I have successfully avoided grocery shopping for close to 3 weeks. It's just so much work...

I just watched this week's episode of Vampire Diaries. You know my mind that had already blown up from finding out who Claire's dad is? Yeah, it got hit by a bazillion nuclear bombs at the end of the episode. My mind is now a nuclear waste land. And I'm expected to take finals this week. I don't think I have ever been more surprised and shocked about a TV show in my whole, entire life. I didn't even see it coming! And that is saying something, because I pride myself in being able to accurately guess what is going to happen next. I'm almost never wrong.

And finally, I let my room get to this point... (it looks way worse in real life)
Don't tell Brooke though! Or she might decide she doesn't want to live with me again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment