Thursday, April 28, 2011

Only one can live...

At open house in 6th grade my family went to the book fair. I've always loved stuff like that, you know, since I'm a problem reader. Well, I got this book there, it was called Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Maybe you've heard of it?

I had seen my friends reading it at a class read and feed and thought it looked interesting so I asked my parents for it at the fair. At first my mom was hesitant, but finally gave in but said that my dad had to read it first.

And so began my obsession with Harry Potter. At times it has reached unhealthy proportions.

I think pretty much everybody knows I love Harry Potter, but I don't think they realize HOW much I know about it. I try to keep that on the DL. Because every once in a while when I slip up and people realized all the random facts and information I know about Harry Potter, I get really weird looks.

Anyways, to add to my weirdness, or coolness-depending on how you look at it-I saw the trailer for the very last Harry Potter movie today. And I got chills. I didn't even watch it with the sound (because I forgot my headphones today and the computers at work don't have speakers) and I got chills.

I'm such a weirdo.

But when the protective enchantments on Hogwarts start breaking apart and you know Voldemort and the Death Eaters are invading the school I just couldn't help it!

I've grown up with Harry Potter. I was 11 when I read the first book and 17 when the last one came out, so even though I wasn't trying to save wizarding-kind I could relate to Harry because we were the same age. And it seems so fitting that the final movie would come out the same summer I graduate from college. It's like we're passing into adulthood together, Harry and I.

Watch the trailer and tell me you don't get chills.

UPDATE: I just watched it again, but with sound. And it is AWESOME!!! I'm so freaking excited! Definitely got chills the second time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment