Saturday, February 26, 2011

Another Anne post

I'm sorry. I just can't help it.

Last night I was reading Anne of Avonlea and I just loved this paragraph.

"Anne had no sooner uttered the phrase, 'house o' dreams' than it captivated her fancy and she immediately began the erection of one of her own. It was of course, tenanted by an ideal master, dark, proud, and melancholy; but oddly enough, Gilbert Blythe persisted in hanging about too, helping her arrange pictures, lay out gardens, and accomplish sundry other tasks which a proud and melancholy hero evidently considered beneath his dignity. Anne tried to banish Gilbert from her castle in Spain but, somehow, he went on being there, so Anne, being in a hurry, gave up the attempt."

Even Anne's imagination knows Anne and Gilbert are perfect for each other!

All I know is that I want someone who will help me arrange pictures and accomplish sundry tasks. I could care less about laying out a garden because I would just kill it a few days after it was planted.

Personally, I think it's a miracle my roommates and I haven't killed Jess's bamboo - even though they're suppose to be impossible to kill. We would be the first ones to do it. Especially given the fact that we go weeks without watering it.

Anne thinks she wants a proud and melancholy husband. But her imagination has a different opinion, and know she needs Gilbert.

I agree with her imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment