Sunday, February 13, 2011

A vow

My obsession with Anne of Green Gables is still going full force. I just finished reading the book yesterday, checked out Anne of Avonlea, and am now watching the movie again. Also Brooke and I talk about Anne all the time.

One of mine and Brooke's favorite parts in both the book, and the deleted scenes of the movie is when Anne and Diana are at the Christmas party talking to Reverend and Mrs. Allan. Anne tells them that her and Diana are seriously considering making a vow to each other to be old maids together for ever.

The look that Diana gives Anne is priceless. Its just a look of total and utter disbelief.

And then Anne sees Diana's face and says, "Diana's not completely convinced yet."
Obviously Anne fails and breaks the vow.

Its totally ironic, too, because Brooke and I made a vow to not be old maids together.

Kinda joking, yet totally serious.

Another one of my favorite parts is when Anne is talking to Matthew about how Ruby Gillis wants a string of beaus who are all crazy about her, but Anne wants one beau who is in his right mind.

I couldn't agree more with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment