Monday, June 20, 2011

Gilmore Girlsesque

I feel like my life has been on fast forward the past little bit and that I haven't had time to think - let alone blog! So in keeping with my last couple posts, this one is going to also be a whirlwind of images, thought, and obscure references. Just like Gilmore Girls. Also I have cleaning checks tomorrow and haven't started my jobs yet at its 11:12 pm. But this is way more important than living in a clean apartment.

First of all, Elsa and Brian got married.

I'm still trying to get use to the idea. Elsa is the first of my close friends to get married, so it's kinda weird. I'm so happy for her and Brian, I know they're going to be very happy together. Now I can't wait until I get married so that we can be married friends together!

In other news, I have officially gotten my money's worth out of my Seven Peaks pass. When I bought it I was most excited about the unlimited access to the one water park in Utah Country and was thought eh about Trafalga. But now, I realized how mistaken I was to discount Trafalga! As part of the Trafalga pass you get unlimited games of laser tag, and on Friday night Brooke, Kelsie, Lauren, Seth, and I went and played 3 games of laser tag in a row. It was so much fun, our team won 2 out of 3 games, and the code names for the guns were awesome. For example, there was Princess, Reptar, Voldmort, Dumbldor, and many more. If we had paid for each of those games it would have been $18 each, but because of our amazing Pass of All Passes we did it for free! Brooke and I have decided that whenever we're bored we're just gonna go play laser tag!

Following the fun at Trafalga we headed over to Strawberry days in Pleasant Grove and walked around the carnival.

We had amazing strawberries and cream. It's the specialty of Strawberry Days. And now I can't wait until next year when I can have it again!
Doesn't it just seem like a carnival from Stars Hollow?! It was so much fun, and just another reason why I love Provo in the summer. Provo in the summer also reminds of The Sandlot. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Sandlot was filmed in Utah, but every once in a while I just have these feelings that if I walk around the corner there is going to be a dust pit of a baseball diamond with a bunch of little boys playing ball and putting the moves on the lifeguard.

I also found another new show that I have quickly gotten obsessed with. It's called H2O: Just Add Water.
Oh boy. That looks as embarrassing typed out as it sounds when you say it out loud. It's another Summer I Turned Pretty situation.

Anyways, its an Australian TV show about 3 teenage girls who turn into mermaids and have super powers. The acting is bad, the story is cheesy, and I love it! It probably has something to do with either my obsession with mermaids or my obsession for juvenile shows and books. It's on Netflix, so really if you have a spare 20 minutes, which could easily turn into 20 hours you should check it out.

Why do I avoid things like cleaning checks?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment