Sunday, June 5, 2011

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home

Yes, it's true I am now home in FresYes.

But before we get to that, let's talk about Friday night!

(Also, get prepared because this is going to be a marathon post. I just have a lot to say. Luckily, Brooke has been training. Since she got 12 posts behind and then got caught up she is prepared for the longest post ever. You've been warned. But I promise there will be pictures, videos, singing, and wittiness.)

So, this summer there is a series of rooftop concerts the first Friday of every month in Provo. Last night was Megan Smith, who has a song on the 500 Days of Summer soundtrack. It was a lot of fun and it was a beautiful night.
There were so many people we couldn't even see the stage. So I have absolutely no idea what the singer's looked like.
I was obsessed with the paper lanterns they had hanging. I thought they were so pretty. I also got 2 new headbands. People had set up booths outside the concert, and one lady was selling these awesome homemade headbands for $4 each, so I bought 2. Here is Kelsie modeling one of them.
I think this rooftop concert series is such a good idea. It is one more reason why Provo is the best place to spend summers.

Now to the main event.

I am HOME!!!

Kelsie and I drove home to Fresno yesterday.
We're here for KarKar's high school graduation. Isn't she so pretty?
The drive was very uneventful except for the 28 police cars we saw along the way. We made it through ticketless, but there was a couple close calls. Boy, do those cops like to hide! At one point just outside of Bakersfield we saw 16 cops because they were in the middle of a man hunt. An armed robber was hiding out in a vineyard, but luckily they caught him.

This is what 99% of the drive through California looks like.
And this is how Kelsie and I spend most of our time driving.

Would you look at the price of gas in Barstow? $4.59!!! Luckily we've done this drive so many times we know to go a little bit further into the city to get gas, so we ended up getting gas for $3.91. Which is still ridiculous.
The weather was gorgeous until we started descending into the San Joaquin Valley. And then it got crappy fast. And it hasn't gotten any better since we've been home.
Did you know that Tatooine is actually located in Central California?
If you know anything about me, you'll know that I love McDonalds. One of the best sandwich's they have is the McChicken. In Provo, for some bizarre reason, they only have Hot 'n Spicy McChickens. Which are nasty. As soon as we could, Kelsie and I stopped and got regular McChickens.
The best part of the McChicken is the mayonnaise. Which I know is gross. But it's just so good!
After 11 and 1/2 hours of boring driving we arrived home. But we barely recognized our childhood dwelling. In the past few weeks my parents have gotten our house painted and the backyard redone. And it looks amazing.
Right now I'm laying on the couch on the porch while there is an awesome thunder and lightening storm pouring down on us. And it is freaking awesome!!!

So far home has been delightful. I've eaten steak. I've played the piano. I've practiced driving stick shift in my dad's Mustang (more on that later!). I've browsed our DVR recordings and plotted out what I'm going to watch. I've played with Ryen, Peyten, and Camden. And, I've spent time with my family, which is really the whole reason I come home.

Didn't I tell you it'd be a long post?

But wait! You can read more about it at http://kelsie-stuart.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment