Monday, June 13, 2011

Kar


Beautiful Karlie graduated from high school! I'm so proud of her. (Even though this is a week late, I promise I'm still proud of her.) She'll be heading up to BYU-Idaho in January. (Still far, but 8 hours closer than she is now!) I realize that I don't write very much about Karlie. In fact, to some it may appear as if I only have one sister. But, that is false. It's just that my brown haired sister lives less than 5 minutes away from me and we're going to be living in the same apartment come August. And she calls me and says things like "Kay-Kay I miss you. Come get me," in a very pathetic voice.

We rarely call Karlie, Karlie. She is more commonly know as: Karkey, Kar-Kar, Karlini, Kar, Karkaroff, and basically any other way you can manipulate her name. What can I say, we have weird nicknames for each other. And for every one of those names (except Karkaroff, which Karlie hates, and we reserve for when we want to make her mad) there is a version of it for mine and Kelsie's names. For example: Kakey, Kay-Kay, Kakini, and Kate for me, and Kelkey, Kels-Kels, Kelsini, and Kels for Kelsie. Did you know that my sisters and I all have the same initials? It's true. They're KAS. Katie Anne, Kelsie Alexandra, and Karlie Alane.
Karlie is kinda messy. Which reminds me of this quote by Jane Austen that always makes me think of Kar.

"An artist can never do anything slovenly."

Karlie is also an artist. She is planning on majoring in art and draws on scraps of paper in church.
Karlie is loving. She always comes up to me and hugs me and says "Oh, Kakey."

Karlie is giving. Unlike my brown haired sister, who is stingy. Karlie always shared her Barbie's, Polly Pockets and baby dolls with me, and never hid them under her bed. My mom told me that when she took Karlie shopping for her last birthday when she would pick things up she would always mention how much Kelsie would like that particular item too.
Karlie has blue/green/gray eyes. How is that fair? She is also very tan right now. How is that fair? She gets to look all sun kissed and pretty and I have to look pasty and get a freaking bad sunburn after being in the sun for four hours even with sunscreen slathered on. Not that I'm jealous.

Karlie is funny. She cracks me up. I really don't know where she comes up with the things she says sometimes.

Karlie is a fast reader. Even faster than me. And she's read so many more books than me. I wonder if Dad takes her books away at 11 pm too? I'll have to find out.
Karlie, of all of my siblings, probably looks the most like me. She is very lucky.

Karlie is special. And I couldn't love her more.

No comments:

Post a Comment