Thursday, June 2, 2011

T Swizzle vs. Sisters

This is a picture of me and Kelsie at a football game my senior year of high school. I have always loved this picture. It was about this time that Kelsie and I stopped being enemies and started being best friends.

Here's the background. I played water polo and Kelsie was a cheerleader. My daily uniform consisted of swimming t-shirts, jeans, and a ponytail, and I had lighter hair. Kelsie, on the other hand, was more likely to dress up and look cute in popular fashions, and had darker hair. In this particular picture Kelsie came up to visit me in the bleachers between the JV and Varsity games.

Recently I realized it bears a striking resemblance to a certain popular song.


Don't we totally fit the description of the two girls in the song? Especially the part "she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts, she's cheer captain and I'm on the bleacher." Except the main difference is that Kelsie is not a man stealing witch with a B and I'm not that much of a creeper nerd. (Well maybe I am, but I'm trying really hard to convince the world otherwise. Plus, I would never acknowledge or draw attention to the fact that I was watching someone from the window, or wear a shirt like that.)

We also bear a striking resemblance to Elinor and Marianne Dashwood in Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment