Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Secret Garden

Bad news guys. I think I'm about to become as addicted to The Secret Garden as I was with Anne of Green Gables. Well maybe not quite as addicted, but close. 

I rented the DVD of The Secret Garden from the library and watched it last night. Growing up we always watched the 1987 Hallmark version that has Colin Firth as grown up Colin. (Did you realize Colin's name is Colin Craven, which is extremely close to Colin Creevey from Harry Potter? Quite the coincidence. But, I may also just be really weird and the only one who make connections like that.) Anyways, now I'm just itching to read the book again.

At the part in the movie when Mary finds the key to the garden, and sits on the bench as the wind serendipitously blows the vines away from the garden wall and reveals the locked door, I remembered something very important from my childhood.

One year for Christmas, Kelsie, got a copy of The Secret Garden from out grandparents. It came with an awesome key pendant necklace. I thought that was the coolest thing ever. I wanted a key pendant necklace soooo bad. I would always ask Kelsie if I could wear it, and she would always say no. Because Kelsie was a stingy child who wouldn't share her Barbie's and Polly Pockets. I just remember being so jealous of Kelsie's key pendant necklace and nice, new copy of The Secret Garden. Especially because I had to read my Mom's old, falling apart copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment