Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Somewhere In Time


Have you ever seen or heard of this movie? It came out in 1980 and features Christopher Reeve (aka Superman) and Jane Seymour. And I must say Christopher is way more attractive that I ever assumed. But, anyways, this movie, Somewhere In Time, was amazing. It involves a guy, Richard, who goes back in time and madly falls in love with a famous stage actress, Elise, in 1912, then he is heartwrenchingly pulled back into the present and must cope with a broken heart.

Sounds exactly like my type of movie.

And it was my type of movie. I was able to predict a bunch of stuff that was going to happen. Which I love to do, just ask my roommates. I'm also very accurate, just ask my roommates.

This movie also reaffirmed my hatred of pennies. See, because in the movie the way Richard goes back in time is by disassociating himself with all things from the present and then hypnotizing himself that he's in 1912. (Really that's a stupid way to time travel, but, oh well, they didn't ask me to write the screenplay) As part of his preparations he went and got authentic money from the turn of the century and replaced his modern money with it. But, after Richard and Elise fall in love and are all happy, he goes to pull out some money and grabs and 1970s penny that he missed and it tragically pulls him back into the future. So, see, pennies really are the bane of our existence on earth.

Another reason this was my type of movie was because of all the plot holes. Movies and stories with plot holes allow me to explain them and make them better with legit and absurd reasons. It also just convinces me that I should be a writer because I would have satisfactorily filled in all the plot holes.

I also loved the fashion in this movie, it was just so romantic. And the hotel was gorgeous.

Now, if only I could forget about Christopher Reeve's heartbroken and love starved face, I would be able to completely focus on the precious love story that crosses time and space and deals with the pangs of disappointed love.

No comments:

Post a Comment