Sunday, January 30, 2011

Anne Girl

I'm watching Anne of Green Gables right now. I love Anne of Green Gables, its probably one of my favorite stories of all times. Anne is just so fun and lovable, and says so many great things you just can't help but love her.

Like tragical. That's one of my favorite words that she uses.

I also love how adamant she is about the spelling of her name. I guess I can commiserate with her because my middle name is Anne spelled with an "e" and people always ask which way I spell it. It seems like everyone else who's middle name is Anne spells it without the e. And according to Anne spelling it with an e is "so much more distinguished" and personally I think it looks more complete with the e.

The whole part with Anne and Gilbert is so funny too. Anne is so mad at him for when he called her Carrots. I love how every time Anne makes eye contact with Gilbert she sticks her nose in the air and turns around, and the whole time you can just tell that Gilbert is madly in love with Anne. Really I don't know how Anne denies Gilbert - he is so attractive...
Also Prince Edward Island is so pretty. I love the lighthouses on the coast and the open fields that Anne and Diana run through. Wouldn't it be so cool to live there?
But one of my absolute favorite parts is at the beginning with Anne's window friend Katie. Mostly because the friends name is Katie and her name is Anne, which is my name, Katie Anne. Plus Katie lives in a perfectly beautiful window world that Anne wishes she could visit.
The idea of kindred spirits and bosom friends is another of my favorite parts. I have definitely had kindred spirits and bosom friends in my life. They're the ones that make the biggest impression in your life and the ones that you remember always.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I got to your blog because I was trying to find your picture of Diana and Anne, and then I just started reading a bit and can completely resonate with what you said about the movie and why you adore it so! My nickname is Katie as well, and so I too have always treasured having the name of her window friend! I hope that you keep writing, and may I follow you as well? Hope you have a wonderous day!

    ReplyDelete