Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Microphone and headphone jacks are different

Last night Elsa, Jess, Brooke, and I decided to go to the temple early this morning, so last night we were all trying to go to bed early. I decided that while I was trying to fall asleep I would watch the last 12 minutes of Chuck I missed when I went to FHE, on my computer.

Brooke was in bed already trying to fall asleep, so I got into bed and plugged in my headphones.

But I couldn't hear anything! Well I could hear it a little. But the thing is, I have really good headphones and normally the volume doesn't have to be up that loud. Regardless, I just couldn't hear anything.

So I turned up the volume.

Eventually I had the volume on my computer turned all the way up, as well as the volume on the media player. I chalked it up to a bad soundtrack on the video and kept watching.

A few minutes later Elsa opened the door and started trying to talk to me. Now I have issues with lip reading in the light, but in the dark there is no way in the world. I took my headphones out and start to get out of bed so I could go into the hallway to talk to Elsa and we wouldn't wake up Brooke.

In the middle of getting up, I realized I could still hear Chuck!

At first I was confused. "Wait I can still hear it..."

(Elsa and Brooke burst out laughing)

"I didn't have my headphones plugged in! But I swear they were in! No wonder I couldn't hear it..."

My headphones were plugged into the spot where the microphone is suppose to be plugged in. Who in their right mind designs a computer with the two right next to each other?! Well most people probably do, but really?!

So there I was lying in bed, innocently (or so I thought) watching Chuck. But noooooo! I was laying in bed watching Chuck blasting the sound so loud that Elsa could hear it in her bathroom.

Luckily, Brooke wasn't asleep or almost asleep yet, so I didn't wake her up. If I had, I would have felt AWFUL. Instead when I said that I would put my headphones in for the rest of the episode Brooke told me not to because...

"I have to see how it ends!" We may have another Chuck fanatic in our midst yet...

So Brooke and I finished the episode of Chuck and then quietly went to bed.

The moral of the story is - microphone and headphone jacks are different. In case you didn't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment